Do you want to create a profitable website, or blog, but wonder what should be your niche?
Well, you have come to the right place. Here, you will know all what you need to know, in order to choose an awesome niche for yourself. A good website or blog, can earn you a lot of money, but you need to be careful while choosing your niche. Picking the right niche is important, because it will determine the amount of money, and traffic that you will be getting towards your website. So if your looking to find a profitable niche, read on and learn 10 good ways to find a perfect niche, for your website or blog. You will also see some examples of easy niches vs. harder, more competitive niches.
Why choosing the right niche is important
If you want to make money from your blogs or website, it is very important that your niche has a good ad rate, and it attracts a number of users. Here are the reasons why choosing the right niche is so important:
- It increases credibility: By choosing a niche, you present yourself as an expert of that topic. That raises your credibility, and makes the users think of you as a reliable source.
- It makes a profit: You should know that every niche is not profitable. You may think of a topic to be really fun, and attractive, but it may not work because you missed the calculations that were extremely necessary before choosing a niche.
- It makes you an expert: Blogging about your niche will make you much competitive in that field. You will start to become known for that topic. It will incredibly increase your knowledge and will provide you some amazing opportunities to shine out, like writing an E-book or speaking to public or appearing on the mainstream media.
For these reasons, instead of choosing a random topic, you should carefully analyze your opportunities and risks, to make sure that your niche pays you well.
10 good ways to find a niche
Finding a good niche is very important. Sometimes, it can be really bothering. It can take a lot of days to come up with a good idea. However, it is the time worth spending. Here are 10 good ways to find an awesome niche for your website, or blog:
- Brainstorming: Your first move towards finding a good niche, should be brainstorming. Our brain carries a lot of amazing information and ideas. You just need to get them out. Take these ideas and check them by Google Trends or other tools on the internet. It will show you the popularity of these topics throughout the years.
- Interests and Strengths: Think about the things you love, and the things that are your strengths. There is nothing better than a niche in which you are already strong in.
- Research: Know about the market, and it’s trends. Take examples, and analyze them. They may prove helpful to you.
- Seminars and Conferences: Don’t miss the opportunities of attending seminars, and conferences. You may get a couple of good ideas there.
- Local Communities: Look around your community. Try to observe their concerns, and habits. Get in touch with them if needed. They can provide you lots of information, that could help you to decide your niche.
- Social Media Trends: Social media trends, are a good source of getting the highlights of the popular topics. You will come across plenty good ideas there.
- SEO Analytics and Insights: Google has a number of paid, and free tools to help you find out what’s trending globally and regionally. Google Trends, Google Keyword Planner and Google Analytics are some the well-known tools that will help to get insights about the potential niches.
- Other People’s Experiences: You can learn by the examples of other people who have tried certain niches before. You can learn by their failures or achievements, the do’s and don’ts of the market.
- Focus on specific people: Rather than focusing on all the people, you should target a specific type of people with specific challenges. You should not go too broad.
- Go for Popularity: Lastly, if you don’t want to take a risk, select a popular market, industry, or conversion. In this case, you would not have to care about an audience. An audience is already there. You just need to showcase your work. However, you need to make sure that there is not too much competition in that niche.
Easy Niche vs. Harder Niche (Examples)
Easy niches are those where you get low competition and more profit, and it requires very little effort. On the other hand, harder niches demand more research, deliver less profits, and contain a higher competition. So, let’s discuss a few easy, and hard niches.
Some of the easiest niches, can be found in affiliate marketing. For instance, you can choose Electric Shavers, Trimmers, Back-Massagers, Karaoke Machines and Lazertag Systems as your niche. These topics can earn you a fair amount of money, as they give a better commission rate with each sale, and contain less competition. So, you can try the niches like these to get a quick start to the market.
On the other hand, the fields like Banking, Insurance, Sports and Healthcare are highly competitive. The marketers who enter these niches, often face problems of getting revenues out of them. In these niches, you need lots of quality content to attract your audience. The reason why, is because there is already plenty of content out there about it, and if you don’t make a difference with your content, it won’t bring a lot of fortune for you. Therefore, unless you have something very unique, you should avoid highly popular niches that contain a lot of competition.
If you need more assistance finding a niche, or need general assistance pertaining to your website or business, Click here
Choosing a good niche is important, because it will determine the profit, and traffic, your site will be getting. If the niche is easy, you have far more chances of success, compared to a harder, more competitive niche. Follow the above listed, 10 good ways to get a fine niche.
Do you have something to say about your experience with finding niches? Maybe something to add about your success, or failures with your attempts of finding one? If you do, please take the time, and leave your comment at the bottom. I would love to hear it! Thanks for reading my post, and good luck with your success!
If you enjoyed this article, please don’t limit yourself. Feel free to learn “all about” a different marketing/money making strategy like:
- Excuses For Not Starting A Business
- Discussing Business With Family/Friends
- The Best Ways To Choose A Niche
- Amazon Affiliate Program Review