If your the type of person who likes to watch lots, and lots of videos online on the daily basis, here’s some good news! You can now earn money watching videos. Yes, it is possible! Your simply doing what you already do. If you are a frequent web surfer, you might have heard about the websites that pay you for watching videos online. There are of course, a lot of scams using the same concept. But on the other hand, they’re certain websites that actually pay you for this.
It’s called loyalty marketing, in which customers are managed, and increased through certain incentives to use a product, or service’s. However the question is, do these sites payout reasonable amounts of cash to their customers? You’ll also learn how this concept started, what’s the best ways to do this successfully, and what are the pros and con’s of becoming successful with it.
How did it start?
As many people believe, loyalty programs first started in the late 18th century, when American retailers started issuing copper tokens to their customers for a certain amount of purchase. Those tokens could be redeemed for future purchases. Then in the late 19th century, expensive copper tokens were replaced by the less expensive stamps.
In the 1900s, card or stamp based loyalty programs, were very popular. Then, with the advent of ecommerce, loyalty programs became even more widespread. Almost every other online store, or service started giving out coupons that carried a certain value. By the year 2000, a new type of loyalty programs had been introduced.
These websites started paying customers for doing everyday stuff on the internet. Everyday stuff like playing games, reading and responding to emails, taking surveys, and watching videos. These sites provide the advertisers access to a large user database. In return, the users gets paid for doing routine stuff on the internet, through the website. So, it’s basically based upon the concept of mutual benefit.
Where to start when looking to be successful with it?
There are two main sources that pay you for watching videos online: media companies, and online money rewarding companies. Let’s look a little deeper into these companies to find out which one will work best for you.
If you are looking to make money by watching videos, this is the best option for you. There are certain media companies that pay you for watching videos for different reasons, and they pay well. For instance, Netflix keeps opening jobs for taggers. Taggers are the employees that watch videos, and then categorized them to facilitate the company, in arranging the videos. The job is fun, and the pay is generally a nice amount.
Neilsen, is another company that pays people for watching TV. It’s a global firm, that studies TV watching habits of Americans. They select families on the random basis. But in this case, you can’t apply for this job. It is purely based on luck, and them choosing you.
In addition to these, there are several other media companies that pay you for watching videos. Entertainment industries often publish job postings that go by the name, “TV watcher”. If you are interested in that, keep looking for these jobs. Someday, you may be lucky enough to get a job with an awesome media company. These companies usually hire people for around $8 per hour.
Earning money with online media companies, is based on chances. If your interested in online media companies, you should keep applying whenever an opportunity is offered. However, you should keep in mind that these websites cannot become your full-income. But you can earn a few extra bucks on them.
There are plenty of websites on the internet that pay you watching videos online. Some of the most well-known companies are Swagbucks, Inbox Dollar Review, Viggle, and Hitbliss. You can sign up for free on these sites, and begin making money today. Besides watching videos, you can also earn money on these sites by doing other fun things like playing video games, listening to music, or shopping online.
If you watch lots of videos on the daily basis, these sites are good for you to make a few extra bucks. You will be earning around $30 per month if you keep watching videos consistently. However, again, you should not take it as a full-time income source.
Pros and cons of making money through watching videos online
- It’s Easy, and fun: Being a video junkie, could be one of the reasons you might be looking to earn extra money through watching them. You already watch videos on the daily basis. So why not to earn a few extra bucks doing it? There’s no effort required. All you have to do is lean back, grab your popcorn, and watch the video.
- No investment required: This job does not require any investment from the customers. All you need to have is a PC, or a cell phone, and of course an internet connection. These are things that everybody has these days right? So there’s no extra investment needed.
- No skill required: What skill could you possibly be needing, in order to watch videos online, other than having the ability to pay attention. There can’t be a simpler way of making money than this. You only need to know how to use a PC, or cell phone that everybody tends to have these days.
- No pressure of work: This is a really amazing aspect about this opportunity. Your free from the worries of a office, a particular schedule, or deadline. It is up to you to decide how much time you want to spend watching videos. So, you are free to use your time for other things in your life.
- Time consuming: There’s no doubt that you will earn money through watching videos online. The problem is, the money you make will not be that great, unless you do it for at least 3-5 hours a day. So you”ll have to watch videos for hours to make money that counts.
- Less rewarding: As mentioned earlier, the payments you’ll receive for watching videos, is not proportionate to the time you are investing in. If you have some skills of any kind, it’s better to utilize those things too, to earn extra money. Watching videos online is less rewarding.
- No learning. As compared to other opportunities where you learn new things and polish your skills, you won’t really gain or learn anything, by watching videos online. There’s no future growth when it boils down to your professional skills.
Having said these, earning money through watching videos online, is only good if you watch lots of videos on the daily basis. Like hours worth of videos. These websites do pay to their customers. But the money is small when compared to the time you have to invest in it. So if you are looking to make a reasonable amount of money, you should consider other options that are more rewarding than this.
Need help finding something that could make you a reasonable amount of money?
But other than that, would you happen to have something to say about getting paid to watch videos? Maybe something to add to what I’ve said? If so, please feel free to leave a comment below. I would love to know what’s your point of view on all of this! Thanks for checking out my post, and good luck with your success!
If you enjoyed this article on getting paid to watch videos, please don’t limit yourself. Feel free to learn “all about” a different marketing/money making strategy like:
And Much More..